Calling all teens in grades 6th – 12th. The Freeze Frame Berkeley Teen Photography Contest returns this year for the 2016 Summer Reading Program. Grab your cell phone, tablet, or digital camera for this fun summer-long contest and show us how you “Get in the Game.” Participants in the program are encouraged to attend one of the 2 photo-editing classes this summer. During the week of Augst 8 – 12, teens can check out their entries in an art display at the Moncks Corner Library.
Here are some dates to remember:
June 20, 2016- Freeze Frame Registration Begins
June 29, 2016- Teen Photography Editing Class: Drop-in Session, Moncks Corner, 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
July 27, 2016- Teen Photography Editing Class: Drop-in Session, Goose Creek, 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
August 1, 2016- Freeze Frame Submissions Due
August 8- August 12, 2016-Teen Art on Display at the Moncks Corner Library
Contest Rules & Guidelines:
* All participants must be rising 6th-12th graders at the time of the contest.
* All participants must be signed up for the Berkeley County Library System Teen Summer Reading Program.
* The inspiration (or theme) for the contest is depicting the theme “Get in the Game”.
* Entries will be submitted via flash drive that will be given at the time of registration.
* There is no limit to the number of entries a teen can submit but the teen may only have one entry winner if chosen.
* Photos must be submitted as either .jpg or .gif files.
* Each entry must have a written description of the story behind the photograph.
* By entering the contest entrants are granting the Berkeley County Library System permission to use their photo.
* Entries must be submitted by library provided flash drive by August 1, 2016 to qualify for the contest. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photographs and honorable mentions will be awarded and displayed in physical form, as well, on social media.
* Each entry will be judged on quality, creativity, and its ability to relate to the theme, “Get in the Game”.
* All entries must be original photography. Violators of copyright will be disqualified.
* The Berkeley County Library System reserves the right to determine which photos are appropriate for public display.
* Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places winners.
* Flash drive of submissions must be returned to the local Berkeley County Library where the teen registered.
* Entries will be on exhibition at the Moncks Corner Library during the week of August 8-12th. Winners will be awarded on August 12, 2016 after voting takes place.