BCLS Summer Reading Program
How it works:
- BCLS uses Beanstack as a provider for the Summer Reading Program. To get started, simply use the register link below.
- Once an adult account is created, you will be asked if you would like to create accounts for additional family members
- Group accounts are available for organizations and schools.
- Once registered, you can log into your account and log learning activities to earn points and win prizes.
- Other events and prize opportunities will be available all summer long.
- If you would prefer to log your learning activities on paper, pick up a reading log at your local BCLS branch or download one below.
Early Literacy and Children (ages 0-11)
Teens (ages 12-17)
Adults (ages 18+)
Give Our Books New Looks Art Contest
- Grades 3-5 or ages 8-11
Who can participate?
Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, children, teens, adults — everyone! Children too young to read by themselves are welcome to participate by having a parent or caretaker sign them up and read to them.
Can I count books that I read on my desktop, Kindle, mobile phone, or tablet?
Yes! BCLS is happy to provide a variety of digital sources!
Can I count the time that I spend reading to my kids?
Absolutely! Reading to children improves their reading skills significantly!
Can I win prizes?
Yes! Summer Reading prizes are available for all ages and can be picked up at any library during the official pick up dates.
Can I count audiobooks?
Yes! We also have VOX and Wonderbook children’s audio-enabled books available in our catalog.
Can I count the time that I spend reading a book even if I don’t finish it?
Absolutely! Ten minutes is ten minutes.
Can I join the program after its official start date?
You bet! And if you can remember any reading that you’ve done after the official start date, you’re welcome to go back and count that.
Can I count reading that I’ve done before the official start date?
Actually, we request that you count reading done within the start to end program dates.