BCLS Summer Reading Program
How it works:
- BCLS uses ReadSquared(TM) as a provider for an all online Summer Reading Program. To get started register for an account. Family Accounts are available through an adult account. Parents, if you would like to create a Family Account, please register yourself first and then register your family members under the adult account. Usernames for family members must be unique but passwords can be duplicated for each account.
- Visit your local library in person or download a log sheet online to help track all your reading.
- Log in to your account, record your reading, and explore other ways to earn points.
- Play educational games, watch educational videos, and win prizes!
- For more details, click on the tab for your club in READsquared:
- Early Literacy, Children (ages 0-11), Teens (ages 12-17)
- Adult Summer Reading Game Board
Give Our Books New Looks Art Contest
- Grades 3-5 or ages 8-11
Who can participate?
Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, children, teens, adults — everyone! Children too young to read by themselves are welcome to participate by having a parent or caretaker sign them up and read to them.
Can I count books that I read on my desktop, Kindle, mobile phone, or tablet?
Yes! BCLS is happy to provide a variety of digital sources!
Can I count the time that I spend reading to my kids?
Absolutely! Reading to children improves their reading skills significantly!
Can I win prizes?
Yes! Summer Reading prizes are available for all ages and can be picked up at any library during the official pick up dates.
Can I count audiobooks?
Yes! We also have VOX and Wonderbook children’s audio-enabled books available in our catalog.
Can I count the time that I spend reading a book even if I don’t finish it?
Absolutely! Ten minutes is ten minutes.
Can I join the program after its official start date?
You bet! And if you can remember any reading that you’ve done after the official start date, you’re welcome to go back and count that.
Can I count reading that I’ve done before the official start date?
Actually, we request that you count reading done within the start to end program dates.