How can you be a Friend?
Whether through a monetary donation or a gift of time and talent, you can make a difference. Our memberships begin as low as $10/year starting in the month you join.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Because we are a 501(c)3 organization, your membership and/or donation is tax deductible.
- Entry to Book Sale preview events and “first choice” for workers.
- Discounted tickets to select FRIENDS fundraisers.
- Invitation to attend Friend’s Annual Meeting and Local Author Meet & Greet.
Ways to help:
- Sorting, pricing, and managing the bookstore at the library
- Planning or volunteering at special events such as a community book sale, an author signing, the TLC, etc.
- Managing the membership list and communications
- Hosting membership drives or recruiting new members
- Hospitality and reaching out to members when a volunteer opportunity arises
- Updating and creating new marketing materials and maintaining public relations such as social media.
It feels so good to be a Friend!
As a member of the Friends of the Library, you will be rewarded in a thousand ways every year – with hundreds of children’s smiles as they receive their Summer Reading t-shirt and medals, the sincere appreciation from library staff for your support, and the satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to one of Berkeley County’s most important resources.
Join Today & Make a Difference!