Make a difference!
Make a difference!
How can you be a Friend?
Whether through a monetary donation or a gift of time and talent, you can make a difference. Our memberships begin as low as $10/year starting in the month you join.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Because we are a 501(c)3 organization, your membership and/or donation is tax deductible.
- Entry to Book Sale preview events and “first choice” for workers.
- Discounted tickets to select FRIENDS fundraisers.
- Invitation to attend Friend’s Annual Meeting and Local Author Meet & Greet.
Ways to help:
- Sorting, pricing, and managing the bookstore at the library
- Planning or volunteering at special events such as a community book sale, an author signing, the TLC, etc.
- Managing the membership list and communications
- Hosting membership drives or recruiting new members
- Hospitality and reaching out to members when a volunteer opportunity arises
- Updating and creating new marketing materials and maintaining public relations such as social media.
- See a full description of our committees and our upcoming events under the Volunteer Opportunities tab.
It feels so good to be a Friend!
As a member of the Friends of the Library, you will be rewarded in a thousand ways every year – with hundreds of children’s smiles as they receive their Summer Reading t-shirt and medals, the sincere appreciation from library staff for your support, and the satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to one of Berkeley County’s most important resources.
Join Today & Make a Difference!
Whether you are a member of the Friends or not, your donation is greatly appreciated. Donations to the Friends of the Berkeley County Library are fully tax-deductible.
You can make a monetary donation:
- Online with a credit card by clicking the donate button on this page.
- By placing a donation check in a Friend’s envelope at one of the library branches (drop envelope in the book sales payment box).
- Or by printing a Friends of BCLS_Monetary Donation Form and mailing it with a check to the Friends of the Berkeley County Library System, 100 Library Street Moncks Corner, SC 29461.
We accept donations of gently used books, CDs, DVDs, and other media at all 6 BCLS library branches. If you would like to donate any of these items, you do not need to complete the form below. You can take these donations directly to the library of your choice. Please note, that if space is not available at that library branch to accept the donation, the branch manager reserves the right to deny the donation until space allows.
If you would like to give a non-monetary donation, please complete the contact form below for more details and a Friend’s member will contact you to discuss your donation:
- Tags adult adult coloring anime author visit book club book sale bridge bridge club children Clemson extension club community cooking craft crocheting daniel island daniel island library family friends of library game night gardening genealogy goose creek library halloween hanahan hanahan library hangout knitting lecture series lego legos mobile library moncks corner library Movie movies movies under the stars music concert painting paws for reading philosophy class recorder class sangaree sangaree library sangaree librarya sewing solar eclipse st. stephen library STEM storytime summer reading sweet tea tai chi tech technology teen thanksgiving writer's groups writing
Enjoy a free family movie under the stars on the big screen. Movies begin at dark, start times will vary. No outside food or drinks, please.
News and Announcements
- Books Coming to a Movie Theater Near You in April – August 2018March 26, 2018 - 12:52 pm
- Rural Library Continues to Make Huge Impact on CommunityMarch 22, 2018 - 3:50 pm
- BCLS Adds New Items and ServicesMarch 16, 2018 - 3:54 pm
- BCLS Celebrates Earth Day with New Initiative to Remove Plastic Bags from LibraryMarch 13, 2018 - 1:28 pm
- Friends of the Library Plan for a Big 2018 – Form New CommitteesMarch 9, 2018 - 2:42 pm
- Friends of the Library E-Newsletter: March 2018 “Spring Events with Friends”March 9, 2018 - 2:09 pm
- Stories of a Civil War Hero At Daniel Island LibraryMarch 8, 2018 - 5:00 pm
- Reading by 3rd, Books for Lexile Levels, and Using Your School-Issued Chromebooks for EBooks From the LibraryMarch 2, 2018 - 12:28 pm