Library Genealogy Databases
*You will need your library card number if you are accessing the databases outside the library. [Enter the number (with no spaces) when prompted.]
Ancestry® Library Edition (Access from library public computers only)
Information for both the United States and the United Kingdom is included. It contains census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. Also contains records from Canada, Europe, Australia and other areas of the world!
Proquest African American Heritage® (Access from library public computers only)
Census records, vital records, freedman and slave records, church records, legal records, U.S. Colored Troops Records (1861-1865), Black Genesis, and AfriGeneas are included. Titles from Genealogical Publishing Company are available in digital format for the first time ever.
U.S. Federal Censuses (1790 -1940), Genealogy and local history books, Periodical Source Index (PERSI), Revolutionary War records Freedman’s Bank Records and U.S. Congressional Serial are included.
Other Free Online Genealogy Resources
- Berkeley County, South Carolina – Family History & Genealogy, Census, Birth, Marriage, Death Vital Records & More
- Castle Garden: America’s First Immigration Center
- Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System (find patriots)
- Lowcountry Africana
- National Archives Archival Databases
- rootsweb© a free component of ancestry.com
- SC Department of Archives and History Online Research
To recommend free genealogy resources please click here to send an email.